Friday, January 29, 2010

The Aesthetician's Advice: Exfoliators














I got to really pick aesthetician Laura Gaston's brain when I went in for my silk peel this week. I brought in all the skincare products that I'm currently using (above image). I love buying skincare. Can you tell?

I buy at-home peels and use Swissclinical's Glycolic and Clarity RX's AHA peel pads. I also have the Spacells facial sponge and a Clarity RX facial scrub with enzymes.

With all these products, I still have clogged pores! I asked Laura for her advice and she suggested a silk peel, which I loved. My skin definitely looked as smooth as glass after she finished and my pores were flawless.

Laura sent me home with samples of Epionce and explained something I never understood before:

Salicylic acid isn't just for acne. It's the one beta-hydroxy acid that's oil-soluble and can break up sebum and dead cells that create stubborn clogs.

The other glycolic and lactic acids were great for perking up dull skin but not necessarily the best at unclogging pores. She said using glycolic and lactic acid to unclog pores would be similar to using rubbing alcohol to remove nailpolish. It just doesn't work. What does work is Epionce's Lytic lotions and that's what I'm currently using to keep my pores clog-free.
Laura is located in Brentwood, so when you need a facial, give her a call (323) 393-3396. You can also book online at www.lauragaston.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment